Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas :)

So yesterday Josh & I got our first Christmas tree, YAY! Earlier this week I snagged a brand new tree stand at goodwill for 2 bucks. AWESOME! But as we decorated the tree I knew I was going to have to get a tree skirt because although we have a nice tree stand, it just does not fit into my decor. But have you shopped for tree skirts recently? JoAnne fabric is selling them for $60.00 yeesh. Anyhow, I remembered an HGTV tutorial on making a tree skirt so I decided to give it a try. So I got 3 yards of fabric using a coupon and only paid $8.00.
Then I took an old cream colored pillow case and cut it out to be a large square. Then I folded it into quarters and then into a triangle. Once I had my triangle I cut it to round the edges,

(this photo is from HGTV, I forgot to picture this step.)
Anyhow, once I rounded the edges and cut the tip of my triangle I was left with this


Now comes the tedious task. You cut all your fabric into 2" strips and use your hot glue gun to glue them onto your circle. Starting from the outer rim of the circle glue the strips and create ruffles by pinching the fabric strips and pushing gathers down onto hot glue. Do this all over until you have this...




So fun right? I love it!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment