Monday, November 4, 2013

A little randomness

Lots going on in our lives these days. I feel like each week goes by so crazy quick that I cant even handle it. I mean we are due to have a baby in 35 days from TODAY! School is keeping me on my toes 24/7 and when I magically have a moments break from studying or homework I remember that I have a cafe to run. So in our very sparse free time Josh and I finally got our living room mantle hung. We found this rustic piece of wood months ago at home resource and have just been trying to figure out how to hang it. Josh came up with this really handy and industrial look by using pipe and setting the mantle on top, it looks so cool. I, of course, couldnt wait 5 minutes to fill it with pumpkins. :)

P.S. The tv swivels back and forth on the wall, we didn't just hang the mantle crooked!

In other news, we are the PROUD owners of a lavender grey dodge mini van, oh yeah! Josh and I had been carpooling and living with one car since february when his Jeep unfortunately hit the dust. We have debated replacing the engine or buying a new (old) car but just had not fully committed to doing either. Josh's grandpa recently got a new car and wanted for his van to stay in the family. It worked out well and is nice to have a second vehicle...although I have to admit I miss carpooling in the mornings with Josh even though it added a lot of stress for us to both be to opposite ends of town at 8 am it was still nice to have that little time together :)

Finally, I will leave you with this gem of our first born. Leila, although not at all neglected is not very happy that Mama doesnt have a lap any more. She spends most of her time whining at my feet until I let her jump up on me and then she will sit and pout because there is truly no room for her. It will be a harsh reality once the Nugget arrives and Lei is no longer the center of attention. (I say this, but in all honesty I think she is going to be a really good girl, I just tease because LOOK how spoiled she is!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment